While expanding its GR range in the country, UMW Toyota has recently rolled out a total of five new Toyota Gazoo Racing models. These include – 2023 Toyota GR Supra MT, 2023 Toyota GR Corolla, 2023 Toyota GR86, 2023 Toyota Hilux GR Sport, and 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport. While all these GR models bring sporty styling, enhanced driving dynamics, and a lot more to the table, today we will be discussing the GR Sport version of the popular Corolla Cross SUV in detail.
What is the price of the 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport?
The 2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport is priced at RM 142,000 (on the road without insurance), which is equal to the Corolla Cross Hybrid price.
How is the new Corolla Cross GR Sport different from the standard model?
The Corolla Cross GR Sport sets itself apart from the standard model with GR sport exterior and interior styling, two-tone exterior paint, and sport-tuned suspension.
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport price
The Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport is priced at RM 142,000 (on the road without insurance), which is equal to the Corolla Cross Hybrid price. However, in comparison to the non-hybrid trims, the sportier variant is dearer by RM 5k – RM 12k.
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport exterior
The SUV exudes a commanding and daunting road presence thanks to the GR Sport exterior styling. From the front grille to the rear bumper, all the key appointments get a dose of sportiness, making the SUV more exciting and dynamic. The major highlights are –
- GR Sport radiator grille with a finish of powder coating for optimal airflow
- GR Sport rear bumper with a sleek garnish
- Lightweight and durable GR Sport 18-inch alloy wheels for sporty steering and handling abilities on dry as well as wet roads
- Bi-LED headlamps and LED daytime running lights with Light Curtain Design
- Rear combi lamps with clear lenses offering better brightness and light range
- GR & GR Sport Emblem on the side fender and rear
- Kick-sensor Power Back Door
- Auto rain sensors
- Roof rails
- Two-tone colour schemes with roof, side mirrors, and rear spoiler finished in black. Three choices include – Platinum White Pearl, Nebula Blue Metallic, and Red Mica Metallic
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport interior
Just like the exterior, the cabin of the SUV also benefits from lots of GR accessories adding to the premium and sporty image. The key highlights are-
- 4.2-inch coloured Multi-information Display
- 9-inch touchscreen display with real-time navigation and music options
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity
- Electronic Power Steering with Sport ECU and iconic red stitching
- High-quality push start button with GR logo
- GR carpet mats
- Black leather upholstery
- Red stitching on the front seats with GR logos on headrests
- Red stitching on the central console
- Comfy rear seats with a 6° recline angle
- Single-zone air conditioning system with rear vents
- 8-way powered driver seat
- 440L boot space
- Interior Illumination
- USB charging ports
- Wireless charger (optional)
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport mechanicals
Under the bonnet of the Corolla Cross GR Sport lies the same 1.8L DOHC dual VVT-i engine found on the non-hybrid variants. The said mill kicks out a maximum power of 139 PS and a peak torque of 172 Nm. The engine comes mated to a 7-speed CVT with Sequential Shiftmatic, which incorporates a new cooperative control with the electronically-controlled throttle and offers increased drivability, quietness, and fuel economy.
The SUV also boasts an exclusive sports-tuned front & rear suspension which is stiffer than the unit available on the standard models. The specifically designed system features retuned springs and struts and performance bracing to enhance the chassis for sharper cornering, and a sporty driving feel.
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport safety
The SUV comes packed with a comprehensive range of advanced safety technologies ensuring a safe riding experience. Parts of the pack are –
- Seven airbags (Two front, two front sides, two curtains & one driver knee)
- Pre-Collision System
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (for all speeds)
- Lane Tracing Assist (for all speeds)
- Automatic High Beam
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Vehicle Stability Control
- Traction Control System
- Hill-start Assist Control
- Emergency Brake Signal
- Drive Start Control
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Parking Sensors (Front x2 & Rear x4)
- Tyre Pressure Warning System
2023 Toyota Corolla Cross GR Sport warranty package
Each purchase of the Corolla Cross GR Sport model is accompanied by a 5-year vehicle warranty from the date of first registration with no restriction on mileage.
Overall, the new Corolla Cross GR Sport is a complete package that can blow your mind with its sporty aesthetics, enhanced driving feel, and better handling. Head over to your nearest GR outlet now and experience the exhilarating ride on your own.
Also read: UMW Toyota to unveil a new ‘Defy’ model on February 24